Top Five thing to Do if you have FOUND a Dog
1. Check for License or Id Tag. Check with your neighbors in case the dog lives nearby.
2. Take the dog to the nearest Veterinarian or Animal Shelter to have the dog scanned for a microchip and checked for any other ID's such as a tattoo.
3. Notify all of the correct authorities to report the dog dound. Call your local police non emergency line. Call your city or town's local animal control agency(ACO). Call any other shelter or Veterinaries in the area to report the dog has found.
4. Create "found dog" flyers and post it around the neighborhood and at local business.
5. Post an ad on Craigslist, in your local newspaper(found ads are often free), lost and found internet/facebook sites and on Granite State Dog Recovery's Facebook page.
Please send Photo of dog to firstname.lastname@example.org A good picture, preferably a full body picture of the dog is important for our posts on flyers and our facebook page
Please take a moment to Fill out this Lost dog Form. By submitting this form you are giving consent for Granite State Dog Recovery to post the information you include (your phone number and email address) on Granite State Dog Recovery Facebook Page. This will help facilitate the possible reunion of a lost dog with his/her owner. Thank You
Thank you for taking the time to help reunite this pet with their family
Notice of Privacy
Please be informed that by posting to Granite State Dog Recovery Website or Facebook page and/or requesting that a message regarding your missing pet or a pet you have found be posted, you are giving your consent to make certain private information available for public viewing. This would include name, phone number, picture and/or email address. Please be advised that Granite State Dog Recovery, a registered 501 (c)3 Non-Profit Organization, not Facebook, is requesting this information in ordeer to facilitate the recovery of your missing pet by communicating your contact information to our Facebook page or website.